Official and Closed Unrestricted classes.
We are very lucky to be in the enviable situation of being able to run these competitions in the ACT. It is vital that everyone does the right thing. Please read the important information below:
- The ACTDA has booked the competition area at Equestrian Park for exclusive use. This area encompasses the 2 sand pads and the 3 sand arenas, their surrounds and the area from the double gates to the road, inside the fence. The area is marked on the attached map in red.
- The other areas of Equestrian Park are public areas and as such are subject to the rules that apply to all public areas. Competitors are reminded that social distancing is required in all public areas of the Park.
- The ACTDA will keep a record of all riders, grooms, officials and volunteers names and contact numbers. Only these people will be allowed to enter the competition area.
- All riders must email the name and contact phone number of their groom to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5.00pm on Friday.
- Only one groom will be allowed per rider.
- The ACTDA will have a designated safety official who will be responsible for ensuring the ACTDA’s COVID-19 Plan is followed on the competition days.
- An ACTDA official will be responsible for monitoring the entrance to the competition area from 7am to 5pm Sunday to ensure only people who are registered are allowed access.
- All scoring will be electronic and results will only be available via Nominate.
- To limit interaction between competitors and officials, the gear check will not touch any rider’s equipment or come within 1.5m of the horse and rider. The onus is on the rider to ensure they have the correct equipment eg whip of correct length.
- Any rider who wins a ribbon can email the club to ask for it to be posted. Riders will not be allowed to come to the office to collect ribbons.
- The ACTDA reserves the right to ask anyone who does not follow the instructions of the ACTDA Safety Official to leave the competition area.
If you are feeling unwell DO NOT COME. If you have been in a COVID-19 hotspot or feel you may have been exposed to someone who has been in a hotspot DO NOT COME.
These are challenging times and please respect your fellow competitors and look out for each other.
Please advise all scratchings to Sophie Emerson on 0400 449 136.